Monday, November 9, 2009

First update from Canmore, Canada



"There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream."  ~Author Unknown

Since leaving New Zealand, life has been really great. I have had 5 weeks of steady training and I am feeling strong. Early on I got into a consistent schedule. Yoga and physiotherapy twice a week, and Pilates and massage once a week, along with 11 training sessions a week. My shooting coach Petr Zidek has been absolutely amazing. We shoot 5 days a week, with one day free and one ½ day.

Physio for my back has been going really great. Annie Tredray, a Kiwi who went to University with my Wanaka physiotherapist in Dunedin, has been working really hard to try to find out what is happening with my body. We have been doing specific strength exercises for my back and IMS (intramuscular stimulation). IMS is sort of like extreme acupuncture and it is pretty extreme. I have gotten about 20 needles up my spine, six in my glutes, and six in my inner thigh. It is a bit painful, especially when the muscle tightens around the needle, but I am sure, or at least hoping, it is helping!

It has also been really great to see my family and friends. I think I potentially have some of the greatest frends in the world. To try and help me raise some money for this upcoming year, they set up this website (http://ofcabbagesandkings.ca/SupporttheCaniwi.htm) to try and bring in some funds. They did this all very secretly so that it would be a surprise. Unfortunately I found out before (dang Facebook) but they were fine with it as now they could go a bit more public about it.

Everything is getting organized for the upcoming season. I am heading to Silverstar, where there is enough snow to do some time-trialing, then driving straight to Vancouver with my family for my brothers wedding! On the 23rd of November I am flying out of Vancouver to Sweden for the first IBU cup and world cup. I cannot believe how fast it has come. I will be supported by Ukraine again this season and I am excited to meet up with them again. Bring on the Russian conversations and exuberant hand gestures!

I think that is everything for now. I have a new blog page, as my web master has many family issues right now, so check it out!

I hope you are all happy and healthy and lovin life!


Take care, smile and have fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

NORMA ammunition