Sunday, December 19, 2010

2 more races gone

Bled, Slovenia has been as beautiful as ever. The castle on the cliff and the church on the island on the lake always takes my breath away. It is gorgeous.

We arrived safely to our rented apartment on Monday and went for a great ski on blue sky day on the hard tracks. It was really great. Tuesday was unofficial training and Wednesday was official training. I was feeling really good, but still not sleeping full nights, possibly from jetlag. On Thursday we had the 15km Individual race. It was a killer! I felt really tired and had a tough time with the skiing. The shooting started off great with no misses in the first two bouts. That is when the fatigue set in and I started thinking a bit too much and getting shaky legs on the standing. I missed 2 prone and 3 standing on my last two shootings- 15/20 (room for improvement) and a tough ski set me in 88th spot. It was not ideal, but the first 15km of the season is usually not a walk in the park!

Friday was an easy training day- a nice classic in the woods at Pokljuka stadium, a much needed relaxing session. The next day, Saturday, December 18th, was the 7.5km sprint. My ski testing was a bit frustrating as none of my skis felt good and all the other women testing were flying past me on the test hill. Hmm... I had a good zero though, and went to the start with bib 59. The first loop was good, but I was getting passed on the downhills. I came in for my shooting telling myself "Just don't think about it! Just shoot the silly things!" and I hit all 5! Yahoo. Out on course and I could definitely feel it! But having Richard on the big up hill yelling at me to go for it was a great help.

I came in for second and last shooting, and once again told myself "Just like training. No dwaddling. Just do what you know" And hit 4. I was pretty pleased. One penalty loop and then off onto the course for my last loop. Oh man, my legs were hating me at this point. I ended up 78th in this race, but am sure my ski speed could have been much faster with a better pair of skis. Now, to be clear I am not blaming it strictly on skis, but it may have helped to have had a faster pair ;)

I am now all finished for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years! Off to Switzerland tomorrow for a nice break! Yahoo!

Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lots of love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORMA ammunition