Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Preperations

I never thought I would be in this position- preparing for the Olympics. It is full on preparation mode now, and I am starting to feel better and better from my disaster trip home. Mum and Dad had an open house here in Canmore where many family and friends stopped by. I was so touched that so many people came to give me their best wishes and congratulations, and even though I  had to go to bed at 9:30pm in the middle of the party, it was so nice to see everyone.

I am feeling better, so I am getting more and more excited for the Olympics. It is amazing: My brother and his wife are coming, my Father is already in Whistler, my Mother leaves on Saturday, my Aunt and Uncle live there so they are going, and many friends will be there fore running. One person who will not be able to make it is my Sister: She is one of the bravest people I know and has a tough couple weeks in front of her. She is getting surgery on February 9th at the Canmore hospital and will need 2 weeks recovery, the exact 2 weeks over the Olympics. It will be a tough time for her as no one is home to look after her so her friend is moving into the house, but we will be thinking of her non-stop, hoping she has a fast recovery. I am sad she will not be there, but it is very exciting for her to be getting this surgery! Love you Erin!

I have to thank everyone again...I just cannot get over how awesome this world is!

Have fun, smile, dance, and have an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NORMA ammunition